See the Hilo Waterfalls & Macadamia Nut Factory
Adult (Age 12+):
Child (Age 4-11):
Infant (Age 3 & under): Free
Trying to visit all the best places during your Big Island cruise excursion? Here is your opportunity to see Hilo’s most popular attractions. At the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, see firsthand how these delicious snacks are made from farm to table. Delight in chocolate demonstrations where experts hand-dip tasty macadamia nut shortbread cookies into pure milk chocolate. Yum.
And if you love tropical waterfalls, you’ll love this tour. At Rainbow Falls, a short walk takes you to the observation area. Look closely and you’ll see the many rainbows — most visible in the early morning. At the 442-foot Akaka Falls, you’ll walk along a one-mile pathway through lush tropical forest before returning to your shuttle.
- Akaka Falls State Park* – A short 0.4-mile hike from the parking lot is the 422-foot high Akaka Falls, one of the most spectacular waterfalls on the island
- Rainbow Falls State Park* – See how these falls received its name as water cascades 80 feet over an ancient lava cave.
- Panaewa Rainforest Zoo & Garden* – This 12-acre zoo is the only natural tropical rainforest zoo in the United States and averages more than 125 inches of rain each year. Enjoy a relaxing stroll along paved paths through the garden, stopping along the way to view the animals.
- Mauna Loa Mac Nut Farm* – Observe firsthand the processing of macadamia nuts and chocolate demonstrations in their factory.
* denotes stop made
- Wear lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory is closed on the weekends and Holidays but the visitors’ center is open daily.
Our Promise to You:
- We guarantee a full refund of your Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion purchase if your ship is unable to make port on time or if your scheduled tour is cancelled for any reason.
- We guarantee to return you to your ship before your sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we will arrange and pay for your transport to your next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed a ship departure.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts Hawaii will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs, and the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- The Akaka Falls Lookout is not wheelchair accessible.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.
Please be advised that tour availability is based on the islands, dates and the ports cruise lines dock at.
Search for Activity Availability by Date
Searching available shore excursions for . . .
Showing Shore Excursions for -