Hilo Holo Holo Tour
Spend a delightful morning off of your cruise ship exploring the historic town of Hilo, including visits to some of Hilo’s most iconic sights including the Liliuokalani Gardens, Hilo Farmers Market, Rainbow Falls, and Richardson Black Sand Beach.
The guided Big Island tour begins at Hilo Harbor and a scenic ride along Banyan Drive, fondly known as “Hilo’s Walk of Fame.” From there, stroll through the serene grounds of Liliuokalani Gardens, an ornamental Japanese garden named after Hawaii’s last reigning monarch, Queen Liliuokalani, visit the Farmers Market, a showcase of Hilo’s diverse agricultural and crafts scene, and enjoy the scenic splendor of Rainbow Falls, so named for the colorful spectrums frequently spotted in the waterfall’s mist.
You also get to see the King Kamehameha I Statue in Wailoa River State Park, the Big Island Candies factory, and the Richardson Black Sand Beach on this cruise excursion on the Big Island.
(* denotes stops made):
Banyan Drive – The impressive banyan trees lining this street were planted by movie stars, adventurers, religious leaders, politicians and other notable celebrities and Hawaiian community members. Over the years, the trees have withstood several tsunamis that had swept through Hilo, and still bear the names of the notable individuals who planted them.
Liliuokalani Gardens* – Spanning more than 24 acres, this authentic ornamental Japanese garden was dedicated in 1917 to pay tribute to Hawaii’s first Japanese immigrants, and is the largest of its kind outside of Japan. Enjoy the enchanting gazebos, arched bridges, and pedestrian paths that wind through this peaceful spot.
Hilo Farmers Market* – Enjoy a wide selection and colorful variety of locally grown and hand-crafted products in a fun, open-air outdoor atmosphere reminiscent of Hawaii’s old plantation days. The Farmers Market is open daily, with the largest showcase of vendors on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Rainbow Falls* – Known in Hawaiian as “Waiānuenue,” this 80-foot waterfall is renowned for the beautiful rainbows that frequently form in its mist. Look for the cave beneath the waterfall, believed to be the home of Hina, the mother of the Hawaiian demigod, Maui.
King Kamehameha Statue* – The largest statue made of Hawaii’s legendary King Kamehameha I, this sculpture in Hilo measures 14 feet high. Originally sculpted in 1973 in Vicenza, Italy, the statue was not dedicated until 1997. The town of Hilo was Kamehameha’s first seat of government and is still the capital of the island of Hawaii.
Big Island Candies* – Established in 1977, the scrumptious cookies of this local confectionary have garnered a huge army of fans across the country. Visit their only production factory in Hilo where their cookies and other sweet products are still handmade with care.
Richardson Black Sand Beach* – Visit the most renowned black sand beach in Hilo – a popular spot for its dramatic shoreline and a favorite hangout for Hawaiian green sea turtles.
- This tour is approximately 2.5 hours long.
- Meals are not included.
- Moderate walking involved; please wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket.
- To view available tour times, please see your personalized Activities Schedule.
- Routes and time may be modified or restricted due to circumstances beyond Roberts Hawaii’s control.
Our Promise to You:
- We guarantee a full refund of your Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion purchase if your ship is unable to make port on time or if your scheduled tour is cancelled for any reason.
- We guarantee to return you to your ship before your sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we will arrange and pay for your transport to your next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed a ship departure.
- The Richardson Black Sand Beach is not wheelchair accessible.
- If you require any special accommodations due to a disability, please note them in the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be included in the comments section at the time of booking, or by calling Roberts Hawaii directly at 808-954-8600. Due to limited availability, ADA vehicle reservations must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the requested date and time of service.
- We will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable. For combo bookings, the scheduled day of service is defined as the day of the first tour in the combo.
- A 10% service fee is withheld for any cancelled reservation paid by credit card.
Browse Shore Excursions:
680 Iwilei Road, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817