Hilo Nature & Waterfalls Tour
$89 $79 Adult
$79 $69 Child (Age 4-11)
Trying to visit all the best places during your Big Island cruise excursion? Here is your opportunity to Hilo’s most popular attractions. At the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, see firsthand how these delicious snacks are made from farm to table. Delight in chocolate demonstrations where experts hand-dip tasty macadamia nut shortbread cookies into pure milk chocolate. Yum.
And if you love tropical waterfalls, you’ll love this tour. At Rainbow Falls, a short walk takes you to the observation area. Look closely and you’ll see the many rainbows – best visible in the early morning. At the 442-foot Akaka Falls, you’ll walk along a one-mile pathway through lush tropical forest before returning to your shuttle.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
(* denotes stop made)
- Akaka Falls State Park* A short 0.4-mile hike from the parking lot is the 422 ft. high Akaka falls, one of the most spectacular waterfalls on the island.
- Rainbow Falls State Park* See how these falls received its name as water cascades 80 ft. over an ancient lava cave.
- Pana’ewa Rainforest Zoo & Garden* This 12-acre zoo is the only natural tropical rainforest zoo in the United States and averages more than 125 inches of rain each year. Enjoy a relaxing stroll along paved paths through the garden, stopping along the way to view the animals.
- Mauna Loa Mac Nut Farm* Observe firsthand the processing of macadamia nuts and chocolate demonstrations in their factory.
“Akaka Falls was a really fun hike. I’m in my 60’s and was able to make this hike with no problems.What a beautiful experience.” – Visitor
“A very interesting park (Akaka Falls) with a well maintained, sealed trail to the falls viewing area and amazing tropical palms, ferns, gingers and orchids.” – Visitor, Sydney, Australia
“We thoroughly enjoyed this Macadamia Nut Farm. We learned quite a bit about the trees and then we visited the gift shop. There were so many choices of souvenirs and of course macadamia nuts. Be sure to stop by the ice cream shop and try the vanilla macadamia nut ice cream. It is awesome! You get to view the beautiful gardens while you have your frozen treat.” – Visitor, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Wear lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory is closed on the weekends and Holidays but the visitors’ center is open daily.
- To view available tour times, see your personalized Activities Schedule.
Our Promise to You:
- We guarantee a full refund of your Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion purchase if your ship is unable to make port on time or if your scheduled tour is cancelled for any reason.
- We guarantee to return you to your ship before your sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we will arrange and pay for your transport to your next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed a ship departure.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts Hawaii will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs. and the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- The Akaka Falls Lookout is not wheelchair accessible.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.
- A 10% service fee is withheld for any cancelled reservation paid by credit card.
Browse Shore Excursions:
680 Iwilei Road, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817