Haleakala, Upcountry Maui, & Iao Valley Day Tour
$152 Child (3-12 yrs)
- This tour is operated by Valley Isle Excursions, please look out for a Valley Isle Excursions van on the day of your tour.
- It gets very cold on the summit of Haleakala. Temperatures commonly range between 40 F and 65 F, but can drop much lower. For your comfort, we strongly encourage lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm even in wet weather, and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- Valley Isle Excursions vehicles are equipped with an oxygen generator and an automatic external defibrillator. However, we advise guests to take caution due to the reduced oxygen at high elevation. Expectant mothers and guests with heart or respiratory problems should check with their doctor before coming to the Park.
- To view available tour times, please see your personalized Activities Schedule.
- Routes and time may be modified or restricted due to circumstances beyond Roberts Hawaii and Valley Isle Excursions control.
- This Excursion is only available for the NCL Pride of America.
- Due to limited availability, wheelchair-accessible vehicles may not be available for your tour. Please check prior to booking and make reservations more than 4 days in advance.
- Valley Isle Excursions will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
On reservations made after 1/14/18 (HST), you can cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before the day of your first tour for a full refund. Any cancellations or no shows within 48 hours will incur a full charge. For combo bookings, the scheduled day of service is defined as the day of the first tour in the combo.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
Immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture on this extraordinary Maui cruise excursion! This comprehensive tour allows you to experience Haleakala, Upcountry Maui, and the Iao Valley – some of our island’s most culturally and historically significant sites.
Feel like royalty as you explore Iao Valley as it used to be forbidden to all except Hawaiian royalty and stare up in awe at the Iao Needle. Hear what the ancient Hawaiian lifestyle was like and how King Kamehameha united the islands. Discover the site where demi-god Maui lassoed the sun at Haleakala National Park.
Learn about farming and fishing practices on Hawaii and the Ahupuaa watershed system, and have a better understanding of how we malama aina or care for our land.
Tour Overview (* denotes stops made)
- Café O’Lei* – Enjoy an all-you-can-eat included continental breakfast prior to your journey.
- Haleakala Summit and National Park*– Known as the “House of the Sun,” this dormant volcano on Maui towers at over 10,000 feet and has a volcanic landscape, which is the home of many unique endangered species including the beautiful and endemic Silversword plant, along with sweeping views of the island.
- Lavender Café and Farm* – Take a break for an included upcountry classic picnic.
- Iao Valley State Park* – This Park marks a famous battleground where King Kamehameha defeated Maui’s warriors and ruler in his quest to unite the islands. It is also an alii (Hawaiian for royalty) burial ground and home to a lush green botanical garden.
- Iao Needle* – This famous national landmark in the state park is a staggering 2,250 feet when measured from sea level. It is an extension of an extinct volcano.
- Kealia National Wildlife Refuge* – One of the few natural wetlands remaining in the Hawaiian Islands and a favorite hangout of Hawaii’s endangered wetland birds as well as migrating birds from Asia, Alaska, and Canada. The wildlife refuge is closed on Holidays and weekends.
This Maui Cruise Excursion Tour Includes:
- Complimentary Pier pick up and return
- Entrance fees to Haleakala National Park and the Iao Valley State Park
- All-you-can-drink non-alcoholic beverages
- All-you-can-eat continental breakfast at Café O’lei including fresh assorted in-season fruit, specialty breads, assorted pastries, and beverages (coffee, tea, juice, and water)
Upcountry picnic lunch at Lavender Café and Farm including baked BBQ chicken, mixed green salad, macaroni salad, dinner roll, and beverages (soda, juice, and water)
- Gluten-free and vegan options are available. Please inform us at least 48 hours prior to your tour through the “Special Request” box on checkout.
About Your Guides:
This tour is operated by Valley Isle Excursions, a concessionaire under contract with the U.S. federal government and administered by the U.S. National Park Service.
Valley Isle Excursions drivers are National Association of Interpretation (NAI), first aid and CPR certified. Valley Isle Excursions is committed to respecting and protecting the island’s environment, and make every effort to have the lightest ecological footprint possible by recycling and generating no trash during the tour.
Group sizes are limited to 12 guests per guide.