With over 70 years of experience, Roberts Hawaii is the largest tour and transportation provider in the State of Hawaii. We strive to meet your vacation expectations and are committed to providing you quality tours at a great value. We are proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our tour products.
We guarantee a return to your ship well before sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we guarantee that we will arrange and pay your transport to the next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed any ship departure and we do not plan to.
We guarantee a full refund of any tour purchased if your ship is detained from making port or the tour is cancelled for any other reason.
Frequently Asked Questions
We at Roberts Hawaii strive to provide quality services to our guests. As such we welcome all questions and suggestions as we value your feedback. Please feel free contact our Customer Service, or look for our Shore Excursion Team on the pier. We look forward to your visit to Hawaii, and the opportunity to serve you.
- Who is Roberts Hawaii?
- What are Shore Excursions and how do they work?
- How can Roberts Hawaii offer tours at such low prices?
- What is the catch with your tours?
- Will I be back in time before my ship departs each pier?
- What if my ship is detained from making port; will I receive a refund?
- What is a tender?
- I want to book a Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion but I already booked my tours with my cruise ship. What can I do?
- I can’t seem to call you from a phone line on the ship. How do I reach you?
Pier Shuttle Information
- Do I need a reservation?
- Does the Pier Shuttle stop at any Waikiki hotel?
- Where do I wait for the Pier Shuttle at the Honolulu International Airport?
- How long is the shuttle ride from the Pier to Waikiki or the Pier to the Honolulu International Airport (and vice-versa)?
- How many pieces of luggage am I allowed on the Pier Shuttle?
- Is a car seat required for infants on the Pier Shuttle?
- Does the Pier Shuttle accommodate passengers with wheelchairs?
- What if I want to go to another island or find out about activities and sightseeing tours?
- Roberts Hawaii is Hawaii’s largest transportation & tour provider with over 70 years of experience. We are proud members of the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) and the Hawaii Transportation Association (HTA). Learn more about Roberts Hawaii, Inc.
- Shore Excursions are tours and activities created specifically to cater to cruisers on cruise lines. For most of our products, we pick you up from the pier and return you to the pier before your ship leaves dock. For other products we may either escort you back to the airport, or to your Waikiki Hotel for your extended stay. We pay attention to your cruise ship schedule and create specific tours and activities that fits within your window of time. All you have to do is just book tours and activities with us, and look for our Roberts Hawaii Staff when you arrive at the pier.
Design your Polynesian experience for each island – the choices are only a click away!
Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursions feature:
- Same popular tours offered by your cruise ship
- Complete tours with similar routes, similar stops and duration
- Pier transfers starting at $8
- Tours that depart from your pier and return well before sailing
- As Hawaii’s largest tour provider, we are able to offer a great value on tours and activities. Certain cruise lines may own ground transportation companies to operate the tours it sells on board its ships. It therefore, through a controlled subsidiary, sets its own pricing. Roberts Hawaii is able to offer similar tours and give you choice in what you see and do in Hawaii at a lower cost.
- There is no catch. Our tours are complete tours, with similar routes, similar stops and approximate duration. Compare the offerings and see for yourself how much you can save with Roberts Hawaii tours.
- Yes. Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursions operate the same popular tours offered by your cruise ship, designed around you and your cruise ship’s itinerary. Tours depart from your pier and return well before sailing. In all of our years in operation, no Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion has ever missed a port departure. However, if it were to occur due to unforeseeable circumstance, Roberts Hawaii guarantees airfare to your next port of call.
- Yes. We guarantee to full refund your money if your ship is detained from making port, not allowing time for your chosen tour’s itinerary.
- A tender is a small boat or a dinghie that a large cruise ship will use to transport people to and from the cruise ship to the pier. At the Lahaina and Kona piers, large cruise ships are not allowed into the piers and tenders will be used to transport guests to these piers. For all Lahaina and Kona tours, please remember to book your reservations with the ship 24 hours prior to tour time to ensure that you are at the pier side in time for your tour pick up.
- Customarily, tours may be cancelled without penalty by writing “cancel” on the tour ticket and returning them to the ship’s Shore Excursion Desk or 24-Hour Drop Box prior to arrival in port. Check with your cruise ship activities desk for its cancellation policy.
- We highly recommend that you book before the tour date to guarantee a seat. You can make a reservation by calling us toll free at 1-800-918-5549, or if you are unable to reach us by phone you can book your shore excursions directly through our website.
PIER SHUTTLE INFORMATION
- Please make your reservations online at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a seat on the shuttle.
- Yes, the Roberts Hawaii Shuttle stops at various hotels, hostels, and condos. However, not all properties have a loading zone or area to drop directly by its front door. For those properties that have limited access, we will drop off at the closest area safely.
- Our friendly airport representative will meet you at your baggage claim.*
- We guarantee no more than 5 stops to your destination.
- Our yellow uniformed representative will be waiting for you and will assist you to the Roberts Hawaii vehicle. For any additioanl questions, please call (808) 441-7800.
*International Guests: Greeters will meet you outside of customs
- The approximate drive time is about 30 minutes, and the average time to the last stop is 45 minutes.
- Each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage and one carry-on at no additional charge. Charges apply for additional and/or oversized pieces of luggage. See luggage rates below.
|Additional pieces of luggage (over 2 per person)||$5 USD each|
|Golf Clubs or boxes up to 3’ x 3’||$5 USD each|
|Surfboard (6’ or less)||$15 USD each|
|Bicycle (must be dismantled)||$15 USD each|
|Car Seats or Strollers||no charge|
- Carry-ons must be placed on your lap and in your possession at all times. Oversized baggage are accommodated if space is available. No boards or boxes larger than 3 ft. x 3 ft are permitted on the bus. Additional Fees apply and are collected directly by our airport representative. CASH ONLY (EXACT AMOUNT).
- No, Hawaii State law does not require the use of car seats. Please seat infants on an adult’s lap.
- Persons requiring a wheelchair accessible vehicle must provide the wheelchair type (electric is limited to 500 lbs, folding, etc.) in the COMMENTS section when booking or contacting Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 14 days prior to service date. If you have any questions, please call our dispatch office at (808) 831-1555. They can check on availability and take your reservation.
- Call Roberts Hawaii at (808) 954-8652 or 1-866-898-2519, or visit RobertsHawaii.com. We set you up with the best entertainment, tours, and activities in the Islands. And if you plan on visiting a neighbor island, we have excellent package deals on your flight, rental car and accommodations. There are even fabulous island hopping one-day tours to the Big Island, Maui and Kauai. Leave in the morning, enjoy a spectacular tour, and return to your Waikiki hotel that evening.