Island's Best Luau - Kauai
One of Roberts Hawaii’s most popular activities. Pre-book now to guarantee your seat!
The islands’ one-of-a-kind experience for dinner featuring the best of traditional Hawaiian dishes and local favorites as well as entertainment highlighting Polynesian culture. Experience Polynesia through song and dance of different cultures. Share the traditions of our island home and become part of our Ohana (family).
For cruises visiting Kauai in the winter (November – January), the luau is Luau Makaiwa, and cruises visiting from February – October, we attend Smith Family Garden Luau. Both offer exceptional food, hospitality, and quality entertainment. Both luaus are from around 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., but hours may vary by the season.
November – January cruises
Luau Makaiwa (Marriott Courtyard)
- Oceanfront location on Kauai
- Selection of mai tais, tropical cocktails, beers, and wines
- The buffet offers mahimahi, kalua pork, huli huli chicken, potato mac salad, rolls, poi, and tropical desserts, among other menu items
- Watch the torch lighting ceremony, hula dancing, and fire knife dances
February – October cruises
Smith Family Garden Luau
- Mai tais, beers, and wines available
- At the pa’ina (feast): Kalua pig roasted in an imu oven, the famous teriyaki beef recipe courtesy of their cousin Gary, chicken adobo, lomi salmon mahimahi, mac salad, poi, and Hawaiian desserts among other menu items
- Hawaiian hula, Tahitian drum dances, and Samoan fire knife dancing
- You might be invited to show off your hula moves on stage
- You’ll have time to stroll through the family gardens and lush grounds after your lei greeting
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.