Wailua River Cruise & Grotto Tour
River Romancing Kauai
Get off your ship and get on ours in Kauai where we take you on a leisurely cruise down the Wailua River to the botanical beauty of the Fern Grotto. Here, the “Hawaiian Wedding Song” is a natural match in this lush environment.
Enjoy the views of Hawaiian plants, trees, and flowers on this nature cruise of Wailua River. Depending on your cruise’s schedule, we offer a morning and afternoon tour. The overlook at Opaekaa Falls is another romantic stop that will surely secure your love of our Garden Island.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
* denotes stop made
- Wailua River Boat Cruise* Float down a fresh water river while being enchanted by songs and stories of ancient Hawaii.
- Fern Grotto* Discover the beauty of a tropical rain forest filled with lush native plants.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* A 151 foot waterfall crashing into a hidden pool.
“One of my favorite Kaua’i experiences! The river cruise was relaxing. Fern grotto is beautiful. I loved the cultural touch of the hula dancing and singing at the grotto and on the boat ride home!” –Visitor at the Fern Grotto, TripAdvisor
“Take the tour to take you all the way to the fern grotto. The beauty of this place is being in touch with nature. As you walk you may hear the birds chirping. There are many plants that were introduced to the island, with beautiful flowers.” – Visitor from Texas
- Wailua River Boat Cruise fare included.
- A stop at Paradise Garden is made if Fern Grotto is closed.
- Wear walking shoes and dress comfortably. You may want to bring a light jacket in case of rain.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control(i.e. traffic congestion, inclement weather, etc.) the routing and times are subject to change.
- For tour availability see your personalized Activities Schedule.
Our Promise to You:
- We guarantee a full refund of your Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion purchase if your ship is unable to make port on time or if your scheduled tour is cancelled for any reason.
- We guarantee to return you to your ship before your sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we will arrange and pay for your transport to your next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed a ship departure.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs, the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Not all stops on this tour are ADA accessible.
- Wailua River Boat Cruise is not ADA accessible. Guests unable to walk on their own will need to be assisted by someone in their own party to be carried in/out of the boat.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable. For combo bookings, the scheduled day of service is defined as the day of the first tour in the combo.
- A 10% service fee is withheld for any cancelled reservation paid by credit card.
Browse Shore Excursions:
680 Iwilei Road, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817