Wailua River & Luau Combo
Smith Family Garden Luau:
$119 Child (3-13)
$109 Child (4-12)
To pass even more savings on to you, we’re offering this 2 tour combo on the beautiful island of Kauai. Take in the sights and sounds of our ‘Garden Isle’ where love blossoms alongside beautiful flora at the famous Fern Grotto. Add to this a captivating luau featuring the best Hawaiian food & entertainment and your day in Kauai will be a memorable experience. This package includes our Wailua River Cruise & Grotto Tour and Island’s Best Luau shore excursions on the same day.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
(* denotes stop made)
- Wailua River Boat Cruise* Float down a fresh water river while being enchanted by songs and stories of ancient Hawaii.
- Fern Grotto* Discover the beauty of a tropical rain forest filled with lush native plants.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* A 151 foot waterfall crashing into a hidden pool.
- Island’s Best Luau* For cruises visiting Kauai in the winter (November – January), the luau is Luau Makaiwa, and cruises visiting from February – October, we attend Smith Family Garden Luau. Both offer exceptional food, hospitality, and quality entertainment. Both luaus are from around 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., but hours may vary by the season.
February – October cruises
Smith Family Garden Luau
- Mai tais, beers, and wines available
- At the pa’ina (feast): Kalua pig roasted in an imu oven, the famous teriyaki beef recipe courtesy of their cousin Gary, chicken adobo, lomi salmon mahimahi, mac salad, poi, and Hawaiian desserts among other menu items
- Hawaiian hula, Tahitian drum dances, and Samoan fire knife dancing
- You might be invited to show off your hula moves on stage
- You’ll have time to stroll through the family gardens and lush grounds after your lei greeting
November – January cruises
Luau Makaiwa (Marriott Courtyard)
- Oceanfront location on Kauai
- Selection of mai tais, tropical cocktails, beers, and wines
- The buffet offers authentic Hawaiian food and local favorites, among other menu items
- Watch the torch lighting ceremony, hula dancing, and fire knife dances
*Please be advised the Luau Makaiwa will be adjusting the menu for Thursday, November 28th in celebration of Thanksgiving Day. Normal items will be substituted for the special dishes in parenthesis.
Green Coconut Curry Mahi Mahi
Huli Huli Chicken (Turkey, Gravy, and Stuffing)
Stir Fried Vegetable
Kaffir Lime Scented Calrose Rice
Island Sweet Potato Hash
Coffee and Hot Tea Station
Lomi Lomi Salmon
Potato Macaroni Salad
Poi (Cranberry Poi)
Papaya ~ Mango Rice Pudding
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
(Huli Huli Chicken and Regular Poi will NOT be available on Thanksgiving Day.)
- Wailua River Boat Cruise fare included.
- A stop at Paradise Garden is made if Fern Grotto is closed.
- Wear walking shoes and dress comfortably. You may want to bring a light jacket in case of rain.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control(i.e. traffic congestion, inclement weather, etc.) the routing and times are subject to change.
- For tour availability see your personalized Activities Schedule.
Our Promise to You:
- We guarantee a full refund of your Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion purchase if your ship is unable to make port on time or if your scheduled tour is cancelled for any reason.
- We guarantee to return you to your ship before your sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we will arrange and pay for your transport to your next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed a ship departure.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs. and the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable. For combo bookings, the scheduled day of service is defined as the day of the first tour in the combo.
- A 10% service fee is withheld for any cancelled reservation paid by credit card.
Browse Shore Excursions:
680 Iwilei Road, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817