Beach Day in Kona
Shop or Head to the Beach
- Lunch is not included.
- Beach and snorkeling equipment not included but available for rental at the beach.
- Keauhou Shopping Center is a 10-15 minute walk. There are shops and restaurants at this center.
- Public restrooms and showers at Kahaluu beach.
- To view available tour times, see your personalized Activities Schedule.
- *Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
This cruise ship transfer leaves the pier mid-morning with an afternoon return. Located a few miles south of Kailua Kona, the Kahaluu Beach Park is considered one of the best snorkeling beaches in Hawaii for both novice and experienced snorkelers and makes an ideal destination for a beach day in Kona. Beaming with colorful fish and coral it is also a feeding ground for the Hawaiian Sea Turtle. Protected by a breakwater, the snorkeling area remains relatively calm even during higher surf conditions.
The south end of the bay provides for better snorkeling while the north end is exposed to the waves that attract surfing enthusiasts. Sunbathing and picnicking areas are also available.*Beach and snorkeling equipment not included but available for rental at the beach.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
In Kona, you will tender to the Kona Port. Some of our tours depart early so please make sure you leave ample time for the tendering process and if feasible, some ships will issue early tendering tickets to guarantee a seat on the tender. For the convenience of all guests and to make sure tour returns promptly, we will leave at the departure time on your confirmation.