Haleakala Sunset Dinner & Stargazing Experience
Operated by Hoku Hawaii Tours
$366.48 $329.83 Adult
$256.54 $230.89 Child
A Nighttime Adventure on Maui
HELE ANA I NA HOKU (journey to the stars) with us on this extravagant tour featuring breathtaking views from Haleakala. Come learn about the history of Maui and the native Hawaiians, and discover the ancient art of wayfinding: navigating by the stars. Your visit to the House of the Sun will lead you through sacred places to the summit of the world’s largest dormant volcano. Listen to legends passed down for generations that perpetuate the Hawaiian culture. Together as an ohana (family), we will experience the responsibility we have as malihini (guests) here in this magical place. Let us be your navigators to help you not just see, but also hear and feel the changes as the sun goes to sleep and the stars awake.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
- Kula Lodge & Marketplace* – Enjoy your Kula Lodge sunset dinner experience before traversing the rolling hills and pastureland which blanket the western face of Haleakala. Menu available lower on the page.
- Scenic Photo Stop (elev. 5,000)* – We will pause for photo opportunities at the 5,000ft or 6,500ft elevation sites (weather permitting).
- Haleakala National Park Headquarters* – Once within the National Park, we will make a rest stop at the Park Headquarters Visitor’s Center where you will have the opportunity to view one of the rarest endemic plant species in the world, the famous Ahinahina, or Sliversword.
- Halemauu Trailhead (elev. 7990 feet)
- Leleiwi Overlook (elev. 8840 feet; time and weather dependent)*
- Haleakala Visitor Center (elev. 9740 feet; time and weather dependent)* – We will position ourselves for a dramatic sunset above the clouds. We will have hot coffee & tea available at the top as our navigator arranges our premium telescope.
Tour includes sunset dinner at Kula Lodge.
SALAD – Petite Kula Green Salad
- Kula-grown greens topped with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and ulupalakua citrus dressing
DINNER – Choice of one:
- Kalbi Braised Short Ribs served with white rice and steamed vegetables
- Herb Roasted Chicken served with potato fingerlings and roasted vegetables
- Mango-Glazed BBQ Ribs with parmesan garlic fries and steamed vegetables
- Asian Herb Mahi- Mahi pan roasted with local kale, hamakua mushrooms with coconut forbidden rice and ginger-lime butter
- Pesto Linguini tossed with fire roasted vegetables, basil pesto and parmesan cheese
- Kiawe Prime Rib – Kiawe wood slow roasted choice prime rib with a creamy horseradish sauce and au jus
- House soft drinks
- House-Baked Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- This tour is operated by Hoku Hawaii Tours, a division of Roberts Hawaii.
- This tour is only available for Pride of America.
- Our premium telescope is computerized and equipped with GPS, enabling us to map every detail the sky.
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- No scuba diving within 24 hours before your tour date to avoid decompression sickness.
- Dress in layers (long pants, long sleeve shirt, closed shoes, and thick socks above the ankle).
- Guests who are prone to motion sickness, please hydrate and consider taking an over-the-counter, non-drowsy motion sickness remedy and use pressure point wrist bands.
- Due to high elevation, this tour is not recommended for those with heart, respiratory, or circulatory conditions, or people in generally poor health.
- Maui stargazing tours are not appropriate for those with pacemakers, wheel chairs or oxygen tanks.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician.
- Minimum age for this tour is 4 years or 40 pounds. Parents of children weighing 40-85 pounds and under 4’9” need to bring a booster seat according to Hawaii State law.
- All activities are at your own risk. No liability, expressed or implied, rests with Hoku Hawaii Tours or its officers.
- If you are late, you forfeit your spot on the astronomy tour at Haleakala National Park and the right to reschedule or receive a refund.
- Hoku Hawaii Tours reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a tour at the discretion of the management.
- Observation locations and equipment can be subject to change without notice.
- Not all tours are conducted under perfectly clear skies. If bad weather prevents telescope observation, you will receive a 25% refund.
- By purchasing your stargazing tour you, agree to these terms.
Our Promise to You:
- We guarantee a full refund of your Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursion purchase if your ship is unable to make port on time or if your scheduled tour is cancelled for any reason.
- We guarantee to return you to your ship before your sailing time. In the extremely unlikely event that you miss your ship due to the late return of one of our tours, we will arrange and pay for your transport to your next port-of-call. In our many years of service, we have never missed a ship departure.
Cancellations made more than 72 hours before the tour will be refunded with a 10% credit card service fee (if applicable). Cancellations made less than 72 hours before the tour will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded. You are allowed a one time reschedule for requests made more than 72 hours prior.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- If you need to cancel, please notify Hoku Hawaii Tours via email at [email protected] as soon as possible so that others may reserve their spot on the tour.
- No refunds for no-shows or cancellations within 72 hours of check-in time.
- A 10% service fee is withheld for any cancelled reservation paid by credit card.
Browse Shore Excursions:
680 Iwilei Road, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817